Recover from Duplicate Transactions in Quicken For Windows & Mac
Posted on 13 febrero, 2020
Quicken is the most reliable and trust-able software when it comes to managing finance for small businesses. Many business owners around the world are using it effortlessly and using their amazing features. However, sometimes you may also face issues with Quicken as well. And on the most common issue, users face is- duplicate transactions in quicken.
The issue mainly occurs when the merchant accidentally charged multiple times for a single purchase. Hence, it is necessary to solve the error soon. But before knowing about their troubleshooting steps, first, you should be aware of the causes. If you know about the possible causes of duplicate transactions, then you will be able to solve the issue very easily.
Causes for Duplicate Transactions in Quicken
Want to know about the possible causes? See below:
- When Quicken account is deactivated or reactivated
- If the bank made some changes in the Financial Institute Transaction ID in a Direct Connect account
Why ‘account reactivate’ lead to this error in Quicken?
Whenever a user chooses to reactivate the account, it will prompt the user to Add, Ignore or Link the accounts. And if selected Add option instead of Link then you may face this issue because you will end up having duplicate accounts.
However, if you have made this mistake or facing an issue because of some other reasons, don’t worry as you will get solutions here. Follow the steps to fix this issue.
Troubleshooting Steps To Solve Duplicate Transactions In Quicken
Quicken For Windows
- Open Quicken
- Click on Register Column at the top right corner of the account
- Checkmark the Download ID and then select Done
Note: If you want to use Two-Line Display, then go with Download ID and Download Reference.
- Then check the Download ID because they are unique in every case.
- This will helps Quicken to identify the downloaded and not downloaded transactions.
If duplicate transaction issue is still there then proceed to the below method.
If the above steps fail to rectify the error then you should go with the below steps to deactivate your Quicken account.
- Open Quicken and go to Tools
- Choose the Account List
- Click on Edit for the account you want to deactivate
- Now go to Online Services
- Select Deactivate option
- To confirm click, Yes
When you want to reactivate Quicken account follow the below instructions:
- Click on Tools
- Select the Account List
- Click Edit
- Choose the Services tab
- Finally, click on Set Up Now
The above steps will allow you to reactivate your account easily.
Downloaded Transactions Multiple Times In Register
If you detect downloaded transactions multiple times in the register, the follow the to correct it manually.
- In Quicken go to Account Register
- Check for duplicate transactions and delete them
- You need to delete the transactions manually
- Now press Ctrl+2 simultaneously to delete
- Again press Ctrl + 2 to setup it back to Two-line display
Rectify Duplicate Quicken Transaction issue for Mac
Solve this quicken multiple transaction issue in your Mac device
- After deactivating your account reactivate it
- Next, you need to click on Link
- Click on Next
- If you find duplicate transactions in quicken, manually delete them
If the above steps fail in clearing out the issue, then proceed to the next step.
- There is the possibility that your bank has changed the FITID and this leads to duplicate transactions in Quicken
- Therefore, you need to update it and check back in your registration if the duplicate transactions are present.
How To Delete Multiple Duplicate Transaction File?
If you wish to delete the multiple duplicate transactions in Quicken file then you need to perform a few steps. Below we have given steps to delete the duplicate transaction files:
- First, back the file of your data
- Now choose the account which is having issues
- It will give you Register view
- Now press the Ctrl key and click on the duplicate transaction together
- Choose the duplicate transactions
- Now right-click and select Delete
The above-mentioned steps quickly clear out your Quicken issue. To remove the Quicken Duplicate transactions, you can also take expert help. If after performing all the above steps, still error troubling you, then only technical quicken expert can solve it.